Star Wars Destiny League is firing up at Next-Gen! Join the growing community and bring your favorite team/deck to our event, where you will play friendlies and rack up league points, which you can use to earn unique promo cards, more Destiny booster packs, and store credit. Each Monday evening you can earn points for up to 6 games (1 point for a win). There will be additional ways to earn points each week – Objectives and a sportsmanship award. The objectives will be posted weekly and we will change them up each Friday(some may stay the same, some may be removed or added). When a player leaves for the evening, he or she submits a name of a player they believe was the best sport(most fun to play against/most helpful/etc) this evening. We will tally the results and 1 point will be awarded to whomever received the most nominations. This will be awarded every week and cannot be awarded to the same player from week to week.
Here’s what you need to know before attending the event:
- Entry: $5 per season
- Format: Standard
- Team Restrictions: Characters may not exceed 30 pts, player must have corresponding dice to field any character that requires it.
- Deck Restrictions: All decks must contain exactly 30 cards.
- Player Requirements: All players must provide their own tokens.
- Prize Support: At the end of the 8-week season, a pool of promo cards, booster packs, token sets, and store credit will be rewarded based on a player’s point total.
The new, week-7 league objectives, along with past ones, are below:
- Play E-Web Placement, Speederbike Scout, and Interrogation Droid to the board
- Play Salvo for 4+ damage
- Deal 3 or more damage via Attrition
- Unique – No more than one of ANY card/dice in your deck
- Win with Elite Yellow character + one other color non unique(s).
- Serious Hate – Win a game while dealing 6+ damage to your opponent using the card Hate
- Deadly Serious – Win a game while dealing 10+ damage to your opponent using the card Deadly
- Death from Above – Win a game while dealing 6+ damage to your opponent using the card Drop Zone
- I like to Paint – Win a game while dealing 6+ damage to your opponent using the card Thermal paint without Sabine
- I’m an Artist – Win a game while dealing 12+ damage to your opponent using the card Thermal paint with Sabine
- Play a 3 Color deck that doesn’t include Rey, FN-2199, Poe Dameron, or Unkar Plutt
- Combo – Luke/Han, Han/Chewbacca, Leia/Chewbacca, Luke/Chewbacca, Chirrut/Baze, Chirrut/Jyn, Quigon/Padme,
- Obi-Wan/Padme, Grievous/Dooku, Kylo/Phasma/FO Trooper, Palpatine/Royal Guard, Luke/Leia
- Successful Planned Explosion without Launch Bay on the table
- Successful Abandon All Hope where your opponent has at least 2 cards and 2 credits on the table when played
- Have 6 or more support cards on the board at the same time
- Have 3 or more vehicles on the board at the same time
- Start a game with no more than 1 character die per character and at least 1 unique character
- Play C-3P0, R2-D2, and BB-8 to the table
- Pacifist – Win with “No Upgrade – Weapons” in your deck
The league lasts for 8 weeks and can be joined at anytime. The first games begin promptly at 6 PM, but you can arrive at anytime before we close to play for points. See below for current standings:
James Stevenson: 36
(Can no longer do for bonus points: 3P0, Leia/Chewbacca(Combo), Baze/Chirruit(Combo), Unique (Baze/Rebel Trooper/Padawan), Eweb, Salvo, 6+ Support, 3 color (Bala/NS/FOTx2), 3+ Char, 1 die per Char, Abandon All Hope, Pacifist)
Eric Petz: 24
(Can no longer do for bonus points: Salvo, 3 color (Snap/Finn/Padawan), Planned Explosion, 1 die per Char)
Lukas Morrison: 17
(Can no longer do for bonus points: Eweb, 6+ Support, 3+ Attrition, 1 die per character(Tie Pilotx2, FOx2), Pacifist)
Will Gately: 17
(Can no longer do for bonus points: Eweb, 6+ Support, Unique (Jabba/Dooku/FO), 3 color (Jabba/Dooku/FO), Abandon All Hope, Pacifist)
Devon Durand: 16
(Can no longer do for bonus points: 3+ Attrition, Abandon All Hope, Eweb, 6+ Support, Unique (Padme/Padawanx2)
John Borders: 12
(Can no longer do for bonus points: Padme/Obiwan, Leia/Chewie (Combo), C3P0, Pacifist)
Aaron Marroquin: 11
(Can no longer do for bonus points: 6+ Support, 3+ Vehicles, Pacifist, C3P0)
Greg Sanders: 6
(Can no longer do for bonus points: Luke/Han(Combo), 1 die per Char(Luke/Han, Mothma/Commando/Trooper)
Jimmy Duong: 1